Friday, February 18, 2011

The wait continues but the end is in sight!

So I'll cut to the chase and continue on from where we left off last time. Sandra was granted her visa yesterday morning so things have finally been settled and she will be making her way to the glorious promised land that is Canada shortly! There are no solid dates yet but we're hoping for around April 1st. So that's all very exciting and more than likely I will be holding off on any extensive exploration until then.

Work has kicked into a steady flow of work now and the days are passing by well. I'm really enjoying the work that I am doing and the project that I am working on so all is going as well as I could hope for really! There was a departure in the office on Thursday and so we all went out to say our goodbyes. Unfortunately a few of us stayed out a little later than the rest and were paying our dues on Friday. The news from Sandra cleared up my hangover for at least a couple of hours though.

I finally made the plunge and bought myself a mattress for my bed. I didn't think I was missing it that much but even the cheap mattress I got has made a significant difference to the standard of my sleeping comfort. We were out at another local hockey game today but unfortunately we lost this time, still it's good to get out with the office crew over the weekend and just wind down.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Old Man said...

Yeah right!

18 February 2011 at 19:13  
Anonymous Old Man said...

Excellent. Good to hear that the matress works!

20 February 2011 at 18:05  
Anonymous Cecilia said...

Hi Andrew - delighted to hear the news about Sandra - April will roll around in no time. Getting a mattress was a great idea - can't really imagine how you slept on the bed without one! Glad the job is going well too - good news all round. C.

21 February 2011 at 22:11  
Blogger Man of Malin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

28 February 2011 at 22:23  
Anonymous Seamus said...

A matress .... yeahhh heeeeyyyyy!!! Work? Oh yea - keep working hard. Glad to hear you're settling in, and loooking forward to Sandra's imminent arrival. Now go somewhere where they'll be throwing stuffed toys around the place again ... that was good fun! Or just throw a few across the office and see what happens.

28 February 2011 at 22:24  

Post a Comment

<< Home