Saturday, January 08, 2011

Week 1; Warming Up

So work began on Tuesday after another quick round of city-familiarisation on Monday. The first day was a quick introduction to the company and it's policies and since then it's been a fairly quiet week. It was handy enough starting out on the first week back after the break as it meant that everybody in the office was getting back into the swing of things and I wasn't stepping into a rigid routine. As well as that I am also not the only new-comer so that has made things a little easier still.

It's been fairly slow going for the first week as I have had to wait for certain things outside of our control before I could begin any significant work but that has mostly been sorted by now and so hopefully by next week I will have stopped dipping my feet into the pool and will finally be wading; although just in the shallow end for now.

The office seems great though, very much "open-plan" and everyone is available to talk to. I'm happy with the project I have been put onto and the workload that has been set out for us. I've worked out a reasonable weekly schedule for myself but am finding that once I hit about 8pm I have run out of things to do, but I'm sure I'll remedy that yet. I have no idea what I will be doing on the weekends though, it's certainly a much smaller city than I am used to so I will have to be doing a lot more planning if it is to be anything extravagant. This weekend will be fairly simple though, finally clean my room, set out my stuff and go pick up some bits and bobs around town.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Cecilia said...

Good Morning Andrew! John is spitting cause I have got in before him (he's sitting across the room!!) ha ha!!

8 January 2011 at 11:37  
Anonymous Old Man said...

Hi Andrew. You must have been working late on your Blog. We were at the Oliver production last night. Brian's stage is excellent. Richard played a blinder. And Broc looked dog rough. Seamus stage managed. All round an excellent family performance. Sinead struggled from her sick bed to be there: you were missed. Freezing cold here and some light snow again this morning. Delighted your first week went well. Good luck for week 2!

8 January 2011 at 19:02  

Post a Comment

<< Home