Friday, January 14, 2011

Week 2; Settled!

Things are going pretty well so far, the job is moving along and I'm starting to find my place within the team. Progress has not been perfect but it could have been a lot worse and it does look like there is promise on the horizon. I'm scheduled in for a poker night with the office tomorrow so that should be an effective waste of money and will allow me to get to know some of the group a bit better.

I've settled into the apartment a good deal now as we took a trip to Wal-Mart last week and managed to fit out my room with a desk, a chair and even some blinds for my window; Imagine that! So the room is pretty spiffy at the moment, the only thing left to get is a decent bed but hopefully that will be taken care of this weekend.

It's pay day tomorrow so that will allow me to take a step back and look at things, see what I can afford and what I cannot and then hopefully I can begin to look into more exciting things to do at the weekends but for now the weekends will be pretty tame.

We had a flurry of snow over the past few days but nothing too serious and it has all turn to slush now. In other news, there is no water in the apartment as the construction across the road seems to have knocked out the water supply so the water people are over there now trying to sort everything out; Super.

That's the 60second update for this week!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Old Man said...

Ah,just like home: no water. Best of luck with the poker: hope your sessions in Seamus' gave you some basic training. Rooms sounds like a better place now!

14 January 2011 at 09:14  
Anonymous Cecilia said...

Yo AJ! your room is starting to sound positively cosy - soon all you will need is one of your Mum's quilts! No water - no problem - drink wine! Hope you find some good stuff to do in Halifax when you can affort it. Thought I had sent a link last week but I must not have pressed 'publish'. It was http://www.halifaxinfo.com

14 January 2011 at 20:39  
Anonymous OM again said...

Ce3cilia (haha - woke up at last!!) reminds me Sinead and I watched Billy Connollys world tours last night. He started in Halifax!

14 January 2011 at 20:47  
Anonymous Cecilia (hic!) said...

....as you can tell I have started on wine already! of course I meant to say afford not affort (wish this web page had spell check...perhaps it does..whatever!)Its Friday, glass of wine, cheese on crackers, Private Practice on telly - curled up with two snoring dogs - do you know - life is good! Enjoy weekend AJ!

14 January 2011 at 20:50  
Anonymous Cecilia (1 not 3) said...

Oi you Brat (John) - what's this Ce3cilia lark - I thought I was the one on the wine!!

14 January 2011 at 20:53  
Anonymous OM3 said...

Cecilia (haha - woke up at last!!) reminds me that Sinéad and I watched Billy Connolly's World Tour last night. He started in Halifax! All present and correct: see the trouble you cause AJ! Have a great weekend.

14 January 2011 at 20:58  
Anonymous Cecilia (A + O) said...

You might have got the first word (this time)......do you really think you will get the last Bro?! When I grow up I will be gracious - maybe!

14 January 2011 at 22:50  
Blogger Man of Malin said...

What the .... blazes?!!! Trying to follow those comments I felt like I'd been on the wine!

28 February 2011 at 22:10  

Post a Comment

<< Home